“Life is inherently risky. There is only one big risk you should avoid at all costs, and that is the risk of doing nothing.” ~Denis Waitley
Everyone wants to live life to the fullest. Having life adventures doesn't have to be exclusively enjoyed by world travelers or multi sport thrill seekers. You can easily fit smaller, less expensive adventures into your life which will satisfy your wanderlust. Adventure can be had everyday by just breaking from your normal routine or trying something new. The heart of any adventure is spontaneity and making happy memories.
Here at Tomboy Vintage we love a good outdoor fix so here's our list of 10 Simple Outdoor Adventures that take minimal planning, cost next to nothing, and can be done on a day off from work:
1. Walk A Scenic Route: Grab your good walking shoes and head to an area of natural or cultural beauty. Start off early in the morning and plan to walk further than you normally would.
2. Jump On Your Bike: Peddle around a new town and explore the backroads. Pack a lunch and find a scenic picnic spot or dine at a local restaurant in town.
3. Go Skinny-Dipping: Find a secluded river, lake, beach or even a swimming pool and enjoy how free you feel swimming nude.
4. Climb A Small Mountain: Find a mountain (or hill) nearby and hike to the top. Standing on top of the highest point in any area is a great feeling and you’ll be rewarded with the views.
5. Go Camping Mid-Week: After work, grab a few camping essentials and head straight for the wilderness. Sleep under the stars for a night, wake up early and head back to work smiling.
6. Take a Long Hike: Pack a lunch, plenty of water and bring your sense of adventure for a day of exploration on a new wilderness trail.
7. Go Sea Kayaking: Many recreational ocean areas offer kayak rentals. Beginners can choose to stay close to the shoreline or remain in the harbor. If you want to amp up your adventure head into the open water.
8. Try Geocaching: There are millions of geocaches hidden around the world and there are probably some near you right now. Geocaching can take you to places you've never been before and it's a fun day spent treasure hunting.
9. Rock Climbing: As a beginner, you'll start out doing indoor climbing, bouldering or top-rope climbing outdoors to learn basic climbing skills. If you’re looking for fitness, fun and a healthy dose of adrenaline, then rock climbing is a worthy pursuit.
10. Stand Up Paddle Boarding: SUP is the fastest-growing sport on water and offers a fun, relaxing way to play on ocean surf or placid lakes and rivers. Since you stand at your full height, you can enjoy unique views of everything from sea creatures to what’s on the horizon.
Go have fun and create a day you'll remember!